HAB info from sensor data to your smartphone
Watch it work:
This prototype is meant to prove one thing: that we can deliver actionable information right to people’s mobile devices by:
- Transmitting data from a sensor or model output to the cloud.
- Automatically processing it to see if a threshold is crossed.
- Sending an alert to the phone of the person who needs to know.
This prototype system is just that: a proof of concept for the rest of the Early Warning System project. So, don’t get too attached.
Here’s what we’re doing over the next two years:
- Back-end: building a robust, smart system that brings in more data from buoys, computer models, water samples and other sources and sends out actionable intelligence right where and when it’s use.
- Community: surveying and interviewing those who live, work, and drink water around the western basin.
- Observing system: maintaining the sensors that are already out there and developing new ways to get important data into the system.
Want to help test the system? Email email@example.com
Want to get EWS project updates? Subscribe here