Join the community of dozens of other researchers and institutions already sharing their data with the Great Lakes community through GLOS.
We already host data of all kinds:
- Observational data like this from the University of Windsor on GL Buoys.
- Water quality data like this from the City of Toledo on our HABs Portal.
- Model data like this from NOAA Great Lakes Environmental Research Lab on our Data Portal.
- Satellite data like this from MTRI on our Data Portal.
Where to start:
For observational data, start with this data enrollment guide.
For other data types reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every project is different, but here’s how the process usually works:
- You send an email to us at email@example.com describing your projects and needs.
- The data management team will be in touch to understand more about your project’s scope, requirements, and timeline.
- We will then work with you to build a data management plan for the project that will capture your unique requirements from data ingestion to storage and dissemination, including integration with any third party platforms.
- In the meantime, you check out GLOS products (GL Buoys, HABs Portal and Portal) for the options in presenting your data.
- After mapping out the data management plan, we, with the support of technical partners, will complete all the necessary developments for the project.
- After the project is live, GLOS staff will continue to support the project as agreed in the data management plan.
We look forward to meeting you and getting started!
Who’s already sharing data